2020 Split Rock Jumping Tour COVID-19 Protocol and Guidelines
The following protocols and procedures will be strategically put in place in order for
SRJT to operate future events safely. Our team, and style of events, are uniquely equipped to
handle all of the proper protocol and procedures put into place by the USEF, The Kentucky
Horse Park, and all local and state officials. Our limited quantity of horses (400), the expansive
nature of the Kentucky Horse Park and our overstaffed team provide the ideal structure in order
to properly mitigate as much risks associated with COVID-19 as possible. Below are the
designated protocols taken for each area of our events:
- 6’ Social Distancing will be required throughout the event. Additional staff and stewards will be around to help keep everyone spread out safely.
- All staff members will wear masks and gloves at all times.
- The state of Kentucky currently has regulations stating anyone in public MUST wear a face covering. We request that ALL attendees bring their own masks and gloves. SRJT will have supplies on hand (disposable masks and gloves) if needed. SRJT will require everyone to wear masks at all times when not on horseback.
- Everyone will have their temperature checked upon arrival with medically trained staff.
- Anyone with a temperature over 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit will not be allowed onto the premises.
- Signage stating current guidelines will be posted around the venue in multiple languages to ensure everyone is aware of the current regulations and protocols at the event.
- There will be no VIP Hospitality
- All social events will not be held. Tuesday evening, June 16th prior to the start of the event, we will host a Zoom Rider Meeting mandatory for everyone attending the show.
- This meeting will discuss all current protocols for the entire event and allow attendees to ask necessary questions.
- With plenty of stalls and space available to us at the KHP, we will place no less than one stall in between each barn group. The stabling barns are outdoor, permanent, shed-row style and will have ample space between each barn aisle.
- Disposable gloves will be required when using water spickets and wash bays. Gloves must be disposed of after each use.
- We recommend that everyone does their part in sanitizing their own stabling area.
- All feed and bedding orders can be placed directly by phone.
- KHP will be providing staff to thoroughly clean bathrooms and common touch points throughout the day.
Check in and Digital Activations
- Upon arrival, everyone will be required to text or call our office staff.
- Following check in , we will then bring a check in folder directly to your stalls with competition numbers, protocols, etc.
- If there is a problem and you need to go to the show office for any reason, you will be required to call ahead. In the event that the issue cannot be resolved over the phone, our staff will be on hand at the horse show office to assist.
- Downloading our Split Rock Jumping Tour App will be required. This App will be crucial in order to mitigate problem areas, inform participants of announcements, and provide everyone with all necessary information during the event. Some features of the free SRJT
- App are:
- Orders of Go posted each night.
- Current real time results
- Courses will be uploaded directly to the order of go the night before each competition day so there will be no crowds at the course boards/ingates.
- Ability to add and scratch classes
- Checkout directly from the App
- Real time and on demand video clips of all rounds.
- Free live streaming throughout the event.
- All SRJT merchandise can be purchased directly from the App.
- During course walks, we will have stewards in the arena to help enforce social distancing between barn groups. Individuals will also be asked to do their part in staying at least 6’ apart during the walk.
- Arena ingate booths will have a 6’ perimeter to keep distance between competitors and ingate personnel at all times.
- As always, each arena will have its own schooling ring. We will have two additional arenas for flatting and warm up to help spread out.
- We will provide Hand Sanitizing stations strategically placed throughout the facility.
- Stewards will be in each schooling arena and will spray each jump with disinfectant between each rider/group.
- We will provide a ribbon station where each rider’s support staff can take their ribbon and awards (one at a time).
- Each person will remain mounted and spread 6’ apart for the awards presentation.
- All food service (provided by state approved vendors) will follow specific packaging and point of sale guidelines.
- Ordering and pick up lines will require 6’ spacing (designated lines will be provided) between everyone in line.
- All surfaces will be sanitized regularly.
For continual updates we encourage everyone to download the Split Rock Jumping Tour App, and follow us on instagram and facebook @splitrockjumpingtour. These guidelines may change if new information becomes available regarding protocol and safe practices by USEF, KHP, or the state of Kentucky.